Reconstruction of Harry’s Hut in 1991
In 1989 Jim Worsley and John Ricketts recruit Jim’s brothers and close friends in a project to restore Harry’s cabin to its former glory with the blessing of the property owner Bruce Dungey.
On the 9th June 1991 Queens Birthday weekend the cabin was re-opened in an official ceremony.
Cabin reconstruction crew: Jim Worsley, Ken Worsley, Brian Worsley, Gordon Worsley, Brian Johnson, John Ricketts, Graeme Shead plus many friends.
This gives the visitor an insight into what Harry’s life might have been like. Although very basic there are some luxuries like an iron bed and insulated walls which would have been useful in keeping the heat from the fire escaping into the cold valley air.
Wonnangatta Private Cemetery
The station features its own cemetery, and it tells part of the Wonnangatta Story. Note that there are no gravestones for the twins Mary and Malinda who both died in March 1872 along with their mother, Ellen. There are plans to erect a gravestone in the near future.