by Graeme Shead, updated 10th April 2019
|A Wonnangatta Pioneer||Brief history of Harry Smith|
|Harry’s Family||Features a table showing Harry’s family tree.|
|Wonnangatta Murders||My interpretation of the events around the murders.|
|Station History||A history of the Wonnangatta Station ownership|
|References||A list of resources used to help make this site.|
|Gallery||A small collection of images showing Harry’s Hut being restored and the completed hut.If you have any images that could be included here it would be much appreciated.|
If anyone finds any errors in this work, has more information or can help with the following outstanding information please contact : Graeme Shead: email@example.com
Information still wanted:
- Death registration for George Bernhard Hayes.
- Birth and death registrations for Mary Hayes.
- Birth registration for Oliver Smith jnr.
- Birth for William Smith/Hayes.
- Death registrations for Oliver Smith snr’s sons Tom and Jack.
- The ship and passenger list of the ship on which Oliver Smith snr came to Australia. This may confirm the names of the American sons that came out with Oliver.
- What happened to Mary Hayes. Under issue living on Thomas Smith’s birth certificate Mary is listed as being dead. Was she dead or was Ellen hiding the fact that the father George Hayes had taken her away. Did Mary live, was her name changed so the authorities could not find them, did she marry and did she have children.
- Death registration for Mary’s father, George Hayes.
- What happened to Annie Smith, step mother to Oliver jnr, William, Thomas, and John. Annie would have only been in her fifties when Oliver departed.